Sunday, August 28, 2011

It was in the depths of the terrible place I heard an itching sound, and felt it stab painfully into my skull. And like fresh blood drawn from old scabbed wounds, I felt thoughts flow into my head that were long forgotten, and held my head in stretches of agony.

I can say I have heard a song before, in the depths of my dreams. It was a song as played by all the angels of heaven, with a rapturous chord to it that made all my being swell, and the sound was to my heart as spilling ones loins is to ones genes. It was in the depths of a dream, a dream I am blessed to never recall, that I heard it again, the strumming and whisper of ancient instruments that are antediluvian.

The sound echoed through my mind as they echoed through this wondrous place, a place that I felt at home, though I had never once belonged. Here I approached, forgetting the mission of stealth and untmost hope, and passing the cries of those who I walked with, to find again the song that plucked at my being. I walked upon the floor of living flesh and past the eyes that had stared upon me a thousand times before, only now it was not in the dream that I felt myself being studied. I looked to my home and walked with my hands falling open, and the pain of my skin slowly sloughing, as I walked willingly into the acids that bathed the breath of the living hive.

"Gaebriella! Don't!" I looked back, and stared upon the insect that looked to me, the pink flesh cancerous and the eyes as dull as the stones outside the home, and I hissed, my jaws stretching wide and he gaped in horror at me. Like any insect, he fled from me, gibbering and shouting, as I turned to approach the feet of the Yrimiss, and laid at his feet, to listen to the song he had played a thousand years ago, when he sought to court me...

No comments:

Post a Comment